If you want to learn how Vermont Organic Maple Syrup and Raw Honey is made, this is the farm tour for you! Our tours have been rated as the highlight of their Vermont vacation for families staying at Smugglers' Notch or Stowe Mountain Resorts.
We love sharing everything about Golden Dog Farm. From the trees to the bees. From the vines to how we make wine. This walking tour of Golden Dog Farm takes about two hours. One or both of our resident golden retrievers will join us when available. We do daily tours at 10:00am which can be booked here.
The Bees and Maple Trees Farm Tour includes:
1) Learning how maple syrup is made, including a tour of our sugarbush and sugarhouse.
2) A visit to two of our apiaries. We have a Slovenian bee house (AZ house) and a traditional bee yard with Langstroth hives. You'll learn all about the fascinating world of bees and beekeeping
3) A visit to and an explanation of the history of some of the buildings here - the farm is home to 5 different buildings from the 1700's.
4) A walk in the vineyard, with an explanation of the different varieties and overview of what the winemaking process entails.
5) A visit to two of our orchards. We have apple, pear, plum, apricot, peach and cherry trees here.
6) A visit to the berry section of the farm. We have elderberries, high bush cranberries, blueberries and currants. We also have pine nuts and hazelnuts.
7) The tour ends with a Maple Syrup and Honey tasting.
The Bees and Maple Trees Farm Tour Does Not Include: The presence of the large group of Goldens from Butternut Goldens. Their Happy of Goldens are only here on Golden Dog Farm for the Golden Retriever Experience. Thank you for understanding!
NOTE: When booking, please provide an email for us to send you confirmation and details about your upcoming tour. Thank you!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
© 2023 Golden Dog Farm LLC.